1. Hike. Consider going out on a Saturday you don’t have anything going on and taking a long hike around the neighborhood. Or, head out to a hiking trail and get away from it all. Even better!
2. Plant a garden. Don’t underestimate how many calories you can burn doing yard work. Whether you chose to plant flowers or mow your grass, you will burn fat while improving the look of your yard.
3. Go swimming. Swimming is a significant calorie burning activity for the entire body and is great fun as well. Take your kids out for a day at the pool.
4. Walk and talk. Next time a friend calls to get together, consider going for a walk and catching up rather than going somewhere to sit. It is a fast and easy way to boost your calorie burn.
5. Turn up the music and dance. Few activities burn calories like dancing, so give this a try next time you are stuck inside and need some exercise. As an added benefit, this is one of the top ways to boost your mood as well.
6. Do a deep clean. Every so often, set an afternoon aside to do some deep cleaning in your house. A few hours of this – really getting down and scrubbing will work almost every muscle in your body. Book a massage for yourself afterward as a reward for all your hard work.
7. Get some stretching in. Do not overlook the importance of stretching. Get some stretching in every day. It takes 10 minutes and can be done in the comfort of your home. It is a great way to get yourself more mobile.
8. Toss a ball. Finally, if you have a few minutes before or after dinner, go outside and toss a ball back and forth. Do this with your significant other or your kids if you have them. It is a fun activity everyone can do.